Learn what we stand for and what we're all about at InstallArtificial. Below we'll discuss the proper steps to getting in touch with us, and a brief synopsis of the...
It's never been simpler to measure your lot size online! Quickly calculate the size of your property, home, lawn, deck, or patio in just a few seconds! Are you in the process of buying sod, fertilizers, or weed controls? Looking to install synthetic grass in your space? Don't know the square footage of your lawn? No worries, we've got you covered. Keep reading to learn more!
Even if you're not doing a DIY project, to get a solid idea of the cost of lawn care or turf installation you'll need to know the approximate square footage of your space. Many home and business owners don't know where to begin with outdoor landscape and hardscape projects and typically struggle to measure their lot size to begin receiving bids from contractors.
What most don't realize, is that you don't need to plug a bunch of measurements into a lot size calculator to know the overall size of your property, you can simply use google maps! No need for measuring tapes or complicated math, just plug in your address and outline your space to get immediate measurements! Here's how to find your lawn size instantly:
Measure Lawn Size Instantly
1. Using your browser of choice, open up Google Maps. You'll want to calculate your lawn size on a desktop computer to be able to utilize all the features that google offers. You should see something similar to our reference photo below.
2. Using the search bar on the left-hand side, plug-in your full address and hit the enter key.
3. At the bottom left-hand section of the screen, you'll see a square icon labeled "layers". Click the layer button to switch from map view to satellite view.
4. Zoom in on the lawn area you want to measure and right-click your mouse to view more functions.
5. Select "Measure distance" from the list of functions and begin outlining the perimeter of the area you're trying to measure. Use your mouse to click on the areas where you'd like to drop a point. If you've made a point that you'd like to delete, simply click on the point itself and it will be removed.
6. To view the overall square footage, you'll need to completely outline the perimeter and connect the dots. Once the shape is closed by connecting the dots, you can click on any point and drag it to adjust the coverage if needed. You'll then be able to see accurate readings for both square feet and linear feet! Simple as that.
Video Walkthrough of Measuring Lawn Size Online
Calculating the Cost of Artificial Grass Materials
Artificial grass for sale is priced out by square footage. Once you've measured your lawn online you can calculate the cost of artificial grass by simply multiplying the total square footage of your yard by the price of the artificial grass you're interested in.
But remember most artificial grass rolls are manufactured in rolls that are either 12 or 15 ft. wide. For this reason, often you'll have to purchase more than needed and cut the turf to the size of your lawn. If your space is wider than 15 ft, you'll need to purchase multiple rolls of synthetic grass and seam them together. This will require the purchase of seaming materials such as nails, staples, or seaming tape to make your seams invisible.
Check out our publication breaking down the pricing for materials and labor to get an idea of the cost of artificial grass installation!
Other Online Cost Calculators
Looking to get a quick idea of the cost for your next artificial grass project? Now that you know the square footage of your space, you can use our artificial grass cost calculators below to get a realistic price estimate in just a few clicks! Answer a few questions about accessibility and intended use and receive pricing in 2 minutes or less.