A complete section of frequently asked questions when it comes to installing artificial grass on playgrounds. Learn why more schools and families are opting for...
A complete section of frequently asked questions about installing artificial grass in residential spaces and commercial businesses. One-stop shop for any questions you may have regarding synthetic turf installation in Los Angeles.
How Much Does it Cost to Install Artificial Turf?
On average, artificial turf installation ranges from $7.5 to $10 per sq. ft. The cost of artificial grass installation depends on multiple factors such as parking, elevation, accessibility, condition of soil and irrigation, and of course the material and turf system that you select. You can get a more precise estimate in about 2 minutes online, or request a custom quote and we will prepare it by the end of the day! (Anything submitted after 3 pm may roll over into the next day)
Why Do Homeowners Install Artificial Grass in Los Angeles, California?
- "To keep our lawn alive we have to use so much water that we can't walk on the lawn."
- "Our pets track dirt into the house. We spend so much time cleaning everything from floors to rugs to sofas. It is a nightmare."
- "Not getting enough sunlight to maintain a natural lawn"
- "We are landlords and the tenants don't water it causing the grass to die."
- "Our guests can't even walk on the lawn with nice shoes, it's so bumpy and uneven.
- "I'm tired of dealing with gardeners and noisy lawn movers. (Explicit words follow)."
Most of our clients simply state that natural grass does not survive the heat and foot traffic. But there are other factors:
- Save the Environment: Climate changes. Temperature is rising worldwide. Droughts are becoming more frequent. Water becomes a luxury. Help us save water!
- Save Money: With increased rates and water restrictions, your lawn becomes a money-making vehicle. Install artificial turf to significantly cut your water bill. Select the right turf to reduce maintenance. Improve curb appeal. Installing an artificial lawn is a financially viable decision.
- Enjoy Nature: True, nothing can replace natural grass. However, too often the only person who even walks around yards is the gardener. Cover the front yard with artificial grass and be provided with a cleaner space to enjoy your time. Climate changes. Temperature is rising worldwide. Droughts are becoming more frequent. Water becomes a luxury. Help us save water!
Is Artificial Turf Safe for Children and Babies?
Absolutely! We select artificial turf and infills that are lead-free, non-toxic, and low maintenance. They’re also made and tested in the United States. In fact, we install commercial playgrounds frequently. A synthetic lawn is an excellent alternative for kids that have grass-related allergies. Choose antibacterial sand and Microban technology to get the most out of the artificial turf surface.
Does Artificial Grass Get Hot?
Synthetic grass does get warmer than a natural lawn when it’s out in the direct, mid-day sun. On the flip side, artificial grass doesn’t retain heat in the shade or darkness. Be cautious with colored silica sand or black infills as they can get 2 times warmer than the ambient temperature, making it impossible to walk on barefoot. For this reason, we do not carry those infills.
There are warmer and cooler grasses. We select grasses with cooler surfaces and prefer to offer a lighter sand infill. Reference our knowledge base to find how we achieve the lowest temperatures on artificial turf.
How Do You Clean Artificial Grass?
For light cleaning, you can use a leaf blower or stiff-bristled broom and then rinse with water. For lightly soiled areas and pet-friendly areas, we recommend pairing them with a sanitizer.
For best results, use a pressure washer. When power washing your turf, keep your wand nozzle at least one foot away from your artificial grass at all times. It is a best practice to apply sanitizer. For pet-friendly areas, we recommend a series of cleaning procedures. To learn more about cleaning artificial turf used by pets, select K9 Pet Turf and scroll down to the knowledge base.
Most homeowners maintain and clean their turf themselves. When you need a thorough cleaning, we are here to help!
Will Installing Turf Reduce Bugs and Pests?
Yes! The sod is removed from the surface and heavily compacted before road base is applied on top of the soil. The lack of soil and dirt prevents bugs and pests from getting their food source so they migrate elsewhere.
How Long Will Artificial Grass Last?
Most artificial grasses have an expected life span of 15 years. The lifespan of any turf depends on use and cleaning. Shorter artificial grasses with bolder blades survive more traffic and look just as nice. For example, soft plush grass might not be the best option for a side yard with consistent traffic. We help classify materials by use, so you are able to select the material that fits your needs best.
Will Installing Artificial Grass Raise My Property Value?
Absolutely. The improvements in aesthetics alone will be appealing to potential home buyers. The environmental benefits and low maintenance needs are ideal selling points. Increased possibility for recreation is also a very sought out benefit.
How Fast Can I Return My Investment With Artificial Grass?
On average, an artificial grass installation project pays off within 3-5 years. Drastically decreasing water bills will shorten the period. Accompanied by tax benefits, your lawn becomes a money-saving machine. It's like earning a couple of hundred dollars every month.
More often than not, we install artificial turf to cover open soil. Money can't always buy a natural lawn. In this case, we invest in artificial grass simply to get the use of our backyards back.
Can You Help With Design, Pavers, and Retaining Wall Construction?
Artificial grass is our bread and butter. However, we also take on backyard design and renovations. This includes pavers, retaining walls, and woodwork. Simply let us know what you have in mind and we will be happy to walk you through your options, or at the very least recommend a company.
Which Suppliers of Artificial Grass Do You Trust?
We work with a line of trusted artificial turf supply companies. You get the most advanced materials tailored to the specific requirements of your projects. We can help you navigate the forest of artificial turf names and brands. Request an estimate to learn which grasses fit the best with your needs.
Below are a few trusted artificial turf suppliers: